Tuesday, May 27, 2008

May 25, 2008 (Sunday)

I taught my first Sunday school lesson in Romania. I was a little nervous about how it would go over because of language barriers. Luckily it didn’t end up being a problem. Elder Armstrong translated everything everyone said so we could all understand one another. I think it went over really well. I received several compliments when I was finished. Elder Armstrong said that they hadn’t had a lesson like that in a long time and that it was badly needed. I’m just glad the Lord helped me. Without him my lesson would have been nothing. While preparing for the lesson I did a lot of praying that the spirit would be with me, that the lesson would catch everyone’s interest, and that the words that were exchanged would help hit home with the needs of those in attendance. I got a lot of discussion and participation which I was happy about. Plus I love teaching! It’s one of my favorite things to do. Then when you add the spirit and the Lord’s help it makes everything grand! The lesson was on the Book of Mormon and how it is the keystone of our religion. It reminded me that I need to take reading the scriptures more seriously. So many times I’ll be reading my scriptures and get done and be like “what did I just read?” I have a hard time concentrating sometimes because I have so many things going through my mind at once. I’m constantly making to do lists in my head. I need to figure out how to shut everything out when I’m reading the scriptures. Otherwise I won’t succeed in getting the most out of them that I can.


In the afternoon a huge storm came which provided a nice environment for a nap. The clouds looked really strange though – we thought maybe a tornado was coming, but it quickly passed. The wind was blowing so hard that big objects were easily getting batted around.


Dinner was an amazing American meal. We had good old hamburgers! I guess they finally found meat that looked like beef…some of the meats here are a little sketchy. Today was the last day of living on a Romanian budget. Thank goodness. I’m out of food! I did not enjoy eating situations this week. It was hard living on a Romanian budget. I had the same meals everyday which primarily consisted of bread, cheese and fruit. I got real tired of it real fast. Plus there was little room in our budget for treats. So sad…we had to watch the other apartment eat a chocolate gogosi. Talk about misery.


After dinner I almost finished my hand sewn skirt! I only have to sew a couple of clasps on so it will stay up. I don’t want to give anyone a surprise at church. I’m so proud of myself. The skirt looks cute and it fits perfectly. I just need to find something to go underneath because it is extremely see through.


To end the night Annie and I watched Ever After. It’s such a good movie – totally unrealistic, but so good. I wish love were like that haha…in my dreams…My favorite line is when she says, “It’s not fair sire – you’ve found my weakness and I have yet to find yours.” Then the prince replies, “I would think it’s quite obvious.” SO adorable!

No comments: