Tuesday, August 5, 2008

August 2, 2008 (Saturday)
The Lord’s Hand In My Life: Understanding roommates…

I leisurely woke up this morning at 8:00…it felt amazing. It’s interesting how essential sleep is to how good you feel. I wish I got more of it more often, but I just don’t have much time for it – too busy.

Today was really boring it consisted of homework. I finished my last cultural proof and my summaries for my 1000 pages of reading. There is a lot of coursework – I’m glad I’ve stayed on top of it. It definitely hasn’t been easy, but I’ve done it! I should have everything done before I leave. That way I can enjoy my 10 day trip around Europe. When I get home all I’ll have to do is physically put my portfolio together and drop it off. Gata! (Finished)

I still didn’t feel well today, and I started feeling really bad in the afternoon. Every time I stood up I felt really dizzy and nauseous. Annie and I had to go to the store to get groceries for dinner because we invited Sister Padoru over, and I thought I was going to faint to the ground while we were walking. I think I realized why I’ve had prolonged headaches, dizziness and felt sick to my stomach for a few days – scabies cream. I’ve been putting the cream on my face consistently because I had a few scabies on my face. Probably not the smartest idea considering the cream is toxic, and since it has been on my face I have been inhaling it regularly. It all made sense today. No more scabies cream for a while. I felt really really bad today.

I laid down for a few hours because I felt so bad. I could barely stand. The girls were nice enough to let me lay down while they made dinner for Sister Padoru. I felt a little better after I rested for a while, besides the fact that I was paranoid that someone was watching my every move because of the phone call last night. Then Sister Padoru came over and ate with us. It was fun to chat with her. We all showed her pictures of our family and chatted about our lives as much as we could in Romanian. I don’t think she enjoyed our dinner very much, but I could tell she enjoyed our company. She is so cute. She came over all dressed up in a Sunday outfit with her little hat on. I loved it. She is such a sweet lady…

The rest of the night I did more homework and then Annie and I watched A Beautiful Mind. Nothing too exciting…

No comments: