Tuesday, July 15, 2008

July 10, 2008 (Thursday)
The Lord’s Hand in my Life: Helping me make my weaknesses strengths.

Everything at the orphanage was pretty normal until Iulian had a seizure for eight minutes (that is a really long time for a seizure). He is one of the kids in our room. The poor thing. I hate seeing the kids when they have a seizure. Their eyes roll back in their head and their body shakes profusely. They gave him a shot to help stop it. He was really lethargic after it, and they put him in his bed. I guess he is okay, but apparently that is why Iulian isn’t really there mentally. All the seizures have gradually destroyed what little mental abilities he had.

As for Andrei – I’m in a bit of a dilemma. Andrei throws tantrums all the time – so the last couple of days when he throws his tantrums I have been trying to ignore him in an attempt to get him to stop - instead of giving him whatever he wants so I don’t have to listen to him scream. However, it’s going to take some time for him to understand screaming doesn’t get attention. The only problem is that when he throws a tantrum the workers put him in his bed for the rest of the time I’m there. Then I don’t get to see him at all. Maybe I won’t be able to teach him discipline at all…frustrating.

In the afternoon we went to the apartments. Everything was pretty much the same. However I was pleasantly surprised because Alina was unusually happy. It was really cute – normally when I play with her she likes for me to raise her up on my feet and fly her in the air like she is an airplane. Well today she was lying on the ground, and I pretended that she was flying me in the air, and she thought that was the funniest thing. I love what amuses kids.

At the 7th floor apartments I put together a puzzle with Mirel. Mirel is adorable. Every time he gets excited about something he will flap his hands. He is such a sweet boy, and he is very smart. If you do something he doesn’t like though he will definitely let you know it. He has the cutest way of saying “nu, nu, nu, nu.” What’s funny is that he can’t say it once – he has to say it multiple times.

In the evening us girls and the elders decided to go see Nicoli (he is in the bishopric at church) sing at a restaurant. He sings for a living, and he has a very nice voice. It was so nice. We sat outside, listened to him sing, ate and chatted. The food was delicious. Annie and I split a nice meal.

No comments: