Tuesday, July 1, 2008

June 29, 2008 (Sunday)
The Lord’s Hand in my Life: Being able to feel peace while reading my scriptures.

I woke up bright and early to go over my lesson before church started. To my surprise I didn’t end up having to teach. I guess they decided to have another Sunday where we just have sacrament meeting and watch conference on video. However, they didn’t inform me…oh well at least I learned a lot as I prepared for it. I’m still going to give the lesson, but I just don’t know when. Hmmm?

For most of conference I read my scriptures because it was voiced over in Romanian. I love reading the scriptures – it provides a peaceful feel to my life. I also read over my patriarchal blessing, and I read over my Mom Mia’s blessing as well. She gave me a copy and I keep both in my scriptures. I love patriarchal blessings, but sometimes they are frustrating because I know I’m interpreting everything wrong. I never seem to understand what my blessing means until after certain events happen in my life…maybe one day it will all make sense?

After church I wrote in my journal for a couple hours about all the adventures that happened over the week. Then we headed over for dinner at the girls apartment. We decided to make our video today that we have been planning to make for a while. In our video we went around to each girl and guessed the type of guy each was going to marry. Then we are each going to get a copy that we can show at our bridal shower if we want to…it was pretty amusing some of the things we came up with. I wonder what guesses are going to be right.

No comments: