Tuesday, June 10, 2008

June 8, 2008 (Sunday)

When we got to church this morning Whitney came up to me with a smile on her face. She had discovered my little Facebook prank. I started cracking up. She said she had quite a few messages congratulating her on her engagement. Haha….hopefully that didn’t freak out the guy she has been dating. She was a good sport about it though. However, I didn’t feel real bad because they have done it to me two times. The first time they changed my profile information I was engaged and interested in girls, and the second time they changed my birthday to the same day. I’m sure the little prank wars will continue.


For church today we had the sacrament. Then for the rest of the time we watched General Conference. They got a copy of conference with it translated in Romanian. We couldn’t understand it, but the branch members could. Annie and I listened to conference on her Ipod. It was nice, relaxing and spiritually uplifting. When it was done we had chocolate gogosi for refreshments. I guess the branch president decided to break the Sabbath for some treats…haha…It’s still a work in progress here – but the hearts are in the right place. However, we all love chocolate gogosi so there weren’t too many complaints from us. I wish I had a camera when all our eyes lit up at the sight of them.


After church Kenz and I decided that we needed to call Alex and tell him goodbye. He left the hospital suddenly about a week ago and he left a note with his phone number in it for us. We had one of the elders translate for us. I just wanted to make sure he got home safely and that he knew we were thinking about him and that we loved him! It made my day to hear his voice…I’m gonna miss that kid! Alex said he doesn’t have to have any more surgeries. I hope that is true. I’m glad he’s out of that horrible hospital, and I hope he never has to go back.


The rest of the day was pretty uneventful to be honest. I got ready for the week and organized my things. We had dinner at the other girls apartment tonight – we deemed it the worst dinner we’ve had yet. Haha… I’ve never seen such large, round spaghetti noodles in my life! It was very interesting…

Right before we left to go home we heard a ton of fireworks outside! Then the girls crowded around to watch them. Apparently people like to have them go off after they get married. Another strange tradition in Romania…

P.S. Elisa and a few of the other girls took the Moldova boys to the hospital…they said it was adorable.

No comments: